Junior Quantity Surveyor- Banbridge10th March 2020
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Hawk Recruitment are delighted to be working with our Co. Down based client who are industry leaders in UK’s Building Services sector.
We are currently working with them to fill the role of a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support their growing team in their fabulous new Head Quarters. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience, with potential for career progression with a progressive and dynamic company.
You will be:
Reporting to the MD
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for securing the successful financial delivery of projects by controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and managing variations and changes.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and site staff.
- Maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
- Follow up monthly valuations to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the Projects Managers as required.
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
- Process with monthly subcontractor payments.
- Review and approve contracts ahead of signing – highlighting any potential issues, assumptions and caveats.
- Develop and implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- (No weekly travel)
You will need to have:
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- At least five year’s post graduate quantity surveying experience
- Ability to manage multiple contracts from inception to final account stage.
- Ability to work alone & as part of a team.
- Strong contractual knowledge of both JCT and NEC Forms of Contract.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Proven record of delivering on-time quality work within budget and with minimal supervision.
- Full UK driving license.
Two years’ experience in a mechanical or construction environment.
Experience in Financial planning and control of mechanical or construction projects
You will receive:
A competitive salary
Competitive Pension Scheme
Health Cash Plan
Annual Health Check
30 days Annual Leave
For more information on this great opportunity forward your CV to email@example.com